The Con Edison Westchester Scholastic Sports Award Program recognizes the ‘Scholar Athlete of the Week’
“The Con Edison Scholar Athlete of the Week”
Sundays at 5:15AM only on 100.7 WHUD!
Scholar Athlete of the Week with conEdison
Meet this week’s Con Edison Westchester ‘Scholar Athlete of the Week!’
This week’s winner of the Con Edison’s Westchester Scholar Athlete of the Week is Madelyn Seltzer, a Senior on the Scarsdale High School Dive Team. Maddie is currently number one ranked diver in the Section. Holds the school record of 307.30. Last Week Maddie competed in the Westchester Sectionals and placed first out of 10 divers. She successfully completed 11 extremely challenging dives with a high degree of difficulty. She finished 2nd in the Section. A different panel of judges awarded scores in Rockland county. (Different judges for different sites, a side effect of the pandemic)
This year Maddie finished the dual season undefeated. She posted the highest score of 297.83 in the Section. On Tuesday 4/13/21, She competed in an 11 dive Championship format vs. Tappan Zee . She posted a score of 589.575! This score shatters her own 11 dive record of 510.70 set in 2019. This score is one of the highest scores in Section One dual meet history. She is a three time top 6 place finisher in the New York Championships. She holds the school record at Scarsdale for 6 & 11 dives. Maddie achieved All American status in 2019.
Despite a rigorous after school schedule she has maintained an academic average of 3.8. Maddie has successfully completed a very competitive university preparatory program during her tenure at Scarsdale High School. She has been accepted to Princeton University for the fall of 2021.
Maddie is a very gifted student athlete and has proven to be a role model for her peers, teachers and coaches. Maddie’s tenacity in the pool and her warm caring personality outside of the pool sets her apart from her competition. It is not often to see such a gifted athlete compete in three sports. (Gymnastics, Lacrosse and Swim / Dive).
Examples of Leadership, Citizenship, Character:
- Signifer, Scarsdale High School Honor Society
- New York State Public High School Athletic Association Scholar Athlete (NYSPHAA): Lacrosse 2019
- All State and League, Varsity Swim & Dive: 2017 and 2018
- All State, Section, and League, Varsity Swim & Dive: 2019
- Journal News / Lo-Hud (Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam Counties) First Team, Diving: 2019
- All League, Varsity Gymnastics: 2018, 2019, 2020
- Varsity Gymnastics Captain: 2019 – 2021 (2 seasons)
- Midnight Run Club, President, 2019 – 2021 (2 years)
- Civic Education Peer Advisor (2 years)