Taylor Swift Asks Judge To Dismiss ‘Shake It Off’ Copyright Lawsuit
- Taylor Swift has asked a judge to dismiss a copyright infringement lawsuit over her song Shake It Off.
- She was sued in 2017 by Sean Hall and Nathan Butler who wrote the 2001 song, Playas Gon’ Play for 3LW.
- At debate is the line from Taylor Swift, cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate..
- The 3LW line is playas they gonna play and haters they gonna hate.
- Taylor’s lawyers contend that the phrases, players gonna play and haters gonna hate are public domain phrases that are free for everyone to use.
- A hearing on the case will be held February 7th in Los Angeles.